The object of purchase may not include potentially shown accessory parts.
and not inexpensive replacement of batteries. Several years ago we recognised the advantages of
the Odyssey batteries as pioneers, as proved by their numerous test successes.
This technology, originally developed for NASA, is designed for extreme conditions and has since established
itself in millions of applications (alternative energy generation, high-stress electric designs etc.). In our 10
year experience with these batteries we have never had failure (cold temperature, vibration, etc) and the battery
withstood severe conditions without problems, even lying on its side. We therefore see it as a highly recommendable enhancement that quickly pays for itself.
Please note: The simple comparison of AH batteries is negligible, as the high cold starting power is much more
- More than twice as high a starting performance as a conventional battery.
- No ABS failure due to insufficient battery performance.
- Enormously long life (according to EUROBAT definition, 10 years and longer).
- Low self-discharge and thus no need for maintenance if the bike is not used for a longer period (winter, etc.).
- No damage from deep discharge possible.
- Completely maintenance-free.
- Spill-proof (can be fitted on its side, no escaping gases (no need for air vent tube).
- Absorbed electrolyte type battery, meaning that there is no free acid inside the battery; all of the acid is kept absorbed in the glass mat separators.
- No more need to check the acid level.
- Unlike conventional batteries, no hydrogen is created during charging.
- With the appropriate charger, quick charging (to 90% of the battery’s capacity) is possible in under an hour.
- Robust ABS case.
- The battery is sold “ready to go” (no initial charging needed)
Massive peak starting power of 535 A (which is 2-3 times more than a conventional battery), and 15 Ah (original = 13 Ah) to ensure long lasting power is available.
Weight: 5.2 kg W/D/H: 170mm / 99mm / 156mm