The object of purchase may not include potentially shown accessory parts.
This technology was originally developed for NASA, is designed for very high loads and has now proved itself in millions of applications (alternative energy production, electronic concepts with high loads, etc.). During the nine years of tests there was not one breakdown (cold, etc.) and the battery even withstood permanently high loads without any difficulty - even lying on its side.
We therefore recommend it as an essential upgrade that will soon pay for itself. The simple comparison of AH batteries is negligible, as the high cold starting power is much more important.
- More than twice as high a starting performance as a conventional battery.
- No ABS failure because of too little battery power.
- Extremely resilient (according to the EUROBAT definition, lasts 10 years or longer).
- Low self-discharge and thus no need for maintenance if the bike is not used for a longer period (winter, etc.).
- No damage from deep discharge possible.
- Completely maintenance-free.
- Leak-tight (even on its side, etc.) and gas-tight (no ventilation pipe required).
- Absorbed electrolyte type battery, meaning that there is no free acid inside the battery; all of the acid is kept absorbed in the glass mat separators.
- No more need to check the acid level.
- Unlike conventional batteries, no hydrogen is created during charging.
- With the appropriate charger, quick charging (to 90% of the battery’s capacity) is possible in under an hour.
- Robust ABS case.
- Unit comes ready filled.
Unit is ready to install. Starting current: 160 Ampere (conventional 12 Ah battery: 72 Ampere) Weight: 2.7 kg
L/W/H: 138 mm / 86 mm / 103 mm.
F 650*/GS + Dakar (Single)
* The dimensions of the Odyssey battery are 138 x 86 x 103 mm, for the F 650 (not the GS + Dakar) this means there will be an empty space left after fitting the battery. Use a piece of polystyrene or wood etc to fill this space.