Several years ago we recognised the advantages of the Odyssey batteries as pioneers, as proved by their numerous test successes. This technology, originally developed for NASA, is designed for extreme conditions and has since established itself in millions of applications (alternative energy generation, high-stress electric designs etc.).
In our 10 year experience with these batteries we have never had a failure (cold temperature, vibration, etc) and the battery withstood severe conditions without problems, even lying on its side. We therefore see it as a highly recommendable enhancement that quickly pays for itself.
- More than twice as high a starting performance as a conventional battery.
- No ABS failure due to insufficient battery performance.
- Enormously long life (according to EUROBAT definition, 10 years and longer).
- Low self-discharge and thus no need for maintenance if the bike is not used for a longer period (winter, etc.).
- No damage from deep discharge possible.
- Completely maintenance-free.
- Spill-proof (can be fitted on its side, no escaping gases (no need for air vent tube)
- Absorbed electrolyte type battery, meaning that there is no free acid inside the battery; all of the acid is kept absorbed in the glass mat separators.
- No more need to check the acid level.
- Unlike conventional batteries, no hydrogen is created during charging.
- With the appropriate charger, quick charging (to 90% of the battery’s capacity) is possible in under an hour.
- Robust ABS case.
- The battery is sold ready to go (no initial charging needed)
The powerhouse and serial test winner! Same dimensions as the original, but with 280 Ampere starting current (conventional 20 Ah battery has 120 ampere). Weight: 6.2 kg; Dimensions: W/D/H: 185 x 79 x 169 mm.
Battery Deposit Regulation:
We are legally obliged to charge a battery deposit of 7.50 euros (in Germany). The deposit is refunded when you return a used starter battery to our business premises. If you buy by mail order, the used battery cannot, unfortunately, be sent back; if you submit a deposit token from a recognised collection point, we will, of course, refund your deposit.