Wunderlich's first STREET engine guard for the BMW F 900 R and XR
The functional edge design and the constructive integration of the one-piece engine guard STREET from Wunderlich, made of aluminium, offers the comprehensive protection for the engine housing, the oil pan, the manifold and the catalytic converter of the BMW F 900 R and XR models. The integrated ventilation openings support the cooling of the engine and the aggregates, especially when long distances have to be covered on the motorway. Angled baffle plates deflect stone chips thrown up by the front wheel in such a way that the risk of damage to the manifolds and engine is significantly reduced. Another advantage of this engine guard is that it deflects swirling spray downwards and, especially when the engine is hot, significantly reduces thermal stress on the engine casing, manifolds and seals.
The recessed screw connection offers no contact surface and underlines the edge style in the best possible way. At the same time, the black powder-coated engine guard hugs the engine tightly, ensuring the greatest possible ground and lean angle. Openings ensure that absorbed water and spray can flow off freely.
The STREET engine guard for the BMW F 900 R and XR is solidly bolted at a total of four points. External forces and moments as well as vibrations are effectively absorbed by the silent blocks. In typical Wunderlich fashion, attention was paid to unrestricted good accessibility for maintenance work.
The aluminium motor guard is corrosion-resistant and coated in black. In terms of design, Wunderlich was able to optimise the component weight and at the same time realise high component stiffness as well as mechanical dimensional stability. The result is a hard-wearing engine guard that fits wonderfully snugly and thus perfectly flanks the motorcycle's flyline.
And it doesn't look like an enduro at all.
At a glance:
- Maximum protection for engine housing, oil pan, manifold and catalytic converter
- Optimum design and functional integration
- Close-fitting shape with small contact surface, which best emphasises the Edge style
- Greatest possible ground and lean angles
- Ventilation openings direct the airstream and support cooling
- Baffle plates in the two frontal openings significantly reduce the risk of swirling stone chips and foreign bodies
- Reduces thermal stress on the engine and manifold from swirling water spray
- Absorbed water and spray can flow off freely
- External forces and moments are absorbed by shock-absorbing fasteners that also absorb vibrations
- Corrosion resistant
- Unrestricted accessibility for maintenance work (e.g. oil change)
- High component rigidity and mechanical stability with significantly reduced weight
- Simple, secure mounting
- Mounting material included
- With Wunderlich brand logo
- High-strength aluminium, precisely manufactured with integrated shock-absorbing fastening elements, high-quality, recessed screw connection, powder-coated
- Width 308 mm
- Length 526 mm
- Component thickness 3 mm
The Wunderlich advantages
- Wunderlich product. Small series. Made by hand.
- Wunderlich Design. Functional and integrated.
- Made in Germany
- 60 days right of return - testing without risk
- 5 years warranty
Wunderlich offers the STREET engine guard at a price of 299.00 €*.
*Prices may vary depending on the country.
If you would like to use more Wunderlich content, logos or test products for editorial purpos
- please call us at +49 (0) 2641-3082-120 or
- send an e-mail to Ms Elisa Jabaly at e.jabaly@. wunderlich.de
We will be glad to assist you personally!
Head of Marketing and Communication
Brand Manager Wunderlich Adventure
Tel.: +49 (0) 2641 30 82-701
E-Mail: [email protected]
Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Str. 6 – 8