They were the highlight of the Intermot 2018 trade fair in Cologne, and not just for BMW - the two brand-new R 1250 GS and RT models with the comprehensively redeveloped Boxer engine featuring ShiftCam technology.
Wunderlich had promised to unveil its range for the 1250 series GS and RT at EICMA, which was being held just four weeks later. And they kept their word!
Now, after the new GS, the RT supertourer sits in the motorbike accessories specialists‘ development workshop. And no sooner is the travel damper launched onto the market, but the Sinzig-based company is already offering its first components for it. In the legendary superb quality, Wunderlich supplies a large volume of high-quality accessories, especially in relation to ergonomics & comfort, all-round protection and luggage solutions. For over 33 years, these have represented Wunderlich‘s core areas of expertise and its products have impressed ever since with their integrated design and superlative functionality. All of the products are being developed and manufactured in line with Wunderlich’s principles of integrated design, clever functionality, premium quality and “Made in Germany”. And let‘s not forget: they also promise simply more enjoyment from driving!
The RT impresses even in its series version thanks to its excellent touring capabilities, but the sophisticated components from Wunderlich make it a real long-distance marvel. The ERGO seats are utterly legendary, allowing enormous distances to be covered without fatigue, while touring screens and flaps provide the ultimate in wind protection for the driver and passenger. The handlebar, brake and clutch levers can be ergonomically adjusted to highly individual and changing needs, just like the foot rests. If the worst happens, the RT offers demonstrable all-round protection from costly damage. To assist with this, Wunderlich has developed its own engine protection bar, which very effectively protects the new ShiftCam cylinder head. And the touring model‘s extensive luggage options have been expanded even further with the additional solutions from Wunderlich.
Whether it be for navigation or to enhance the look, an additional headlight or headlight guard, additional mirror or additional trim panels, the components from Wunderlich impress and satisfy every requirement. Even now, in parallel with the delivery of the first available machines, Wunderlich is offering an immense selection of components to match the new BMW R 1250 RT! Other components are currently undergoing testing and development. The entire product range can be found at www.bmw-r1250rt.com, in Wunderlich’s online shop and of course at Wunderlich’s premises in Sinzig! If you‘d like to take a peek at the Wunderlich RT, the international EICMA motorbike fair in Milan at the start of November will provide plenty of opportunities to do so.
Here is a small selection of the exclusive products from Wunderlich for the BMW R 1250 RT:
- 20350-002 Wunderlich »DOUBLESHOCK« shaft drive crash pad
- 20351-002 Wunderlich Kardan guard
- 20450-101 Wunderlich case protection bar
- 42155-002 Wunderlich »DOUBLESHOCK« axle crash pads
- 30370-201 Wunderlich »MARATHON« windscreen
- 27520-301 Wunderlich hand guards
- 31040-201 Wunderlich R 1250 RT handlebar riser
- 30930-220 Wunderlich R 1250 RT Ergo driver‘s seat with seat heating and gel inlay
- 30940-210 Wunderlich R 1250 RT Ergo passenger seat with seat heating and gel inlay
- 42721-002 Wunderlich lowering kit for driver‘s seat
- 21170-402 Wunderlich R 1250 RT satnav securing kit for Navigator VI
- 32420-302 Wunderlich side stand enlarger
- 26240-001 Wunderlich Gear lever enlargement touring
- 26231-001 Wunderlich Brake lever enlargement
- 20570-003 Wunderlich rail for BMW top case
- 40700-100 Wunderlich holder for »ELEPHANT« tank bag
- 32890-302 Wunderlich »MICRO FLOOTER« R 1250 RT LED auxiliary headlamp