With this small, high-performance electric compressor, not just tyres can be filled up to the correct pressure in the blink of an eye, anything else that needs inflating can be quickly filled with air too.
The compact and lightweigt Airman (only 0.6 kg/1.3 lb.) has a built-in pressure gauge.
It connects to the onboard 12 V BMW type socket on your motorcycle, or to any regular cigar type socket. Suitable for use with a car, as it has a 3 m long power cord ( ~11 ft).
The Airman can pump up to a maximum pressure of 6 bar (~145 PSI). It is very robust and does not take up a lot of space (12.0 x 6.0 x 14.2 cm / 2-3/8” x 4-3/4” x 5-5/8”).
Supplied with operating instructions.
Note: For current BMW models with Canbus, the Airmann can not be connected to the standard vehicle power outlet. Here is an external power outlet necessary!
Nice and light. Does not work on latest GS.
- Purchased this to use it on my R1200 GS. Very small and light piece of kit. The connection with the valve is traded, a little strange to put it on and off as you will loose some pressure connecting and disconnecting the compressor. Also will not work on the latest CanBus models as it will trip the breaker so you will need a socket linked with the battery. Otherwise a very nice piece of kit, I am using it in my car.
Excellent air pump but...
- Purchased for my K1600GTL. Plugged into a power outlet it immediately tripped the circuit breaker. I solved the problem by connecting one of the power outlets directly to the battery with a 15 amp fuse.
A must have
- Plenty of pressure to harden em up. A handy thing for offroading/slabbing on the same ride...
Bought two of the airman air pumps, one for my motorcycle and one for my car!
- While I fortunately have not needed to use my new air pumps in an emergency situation, I did try one out and it worked as described. I did have to send one back as a plastic tab, which is designed to hold the hose in place, broke off, but it was replaced with no problems.
- When I first got it, I tried it out on my BMW R1150R, my vespa, and my Land Rover. I even pumped up my neighbors wheelchair. It takes a few minutes to pump up the Land Rover tires but it works. I got it primarily for the BMW r1150r - very handy to have around and it's compact adn light enough to easily bring on a long tour. It's also much quieter than other portable pumps I've had.