Vehicle rear-view mirrors only really make sense if you can see something in them. If you’re wearing a thick jacket you can see everything - except the traffic behind you. We have sorted this problem out and can put your mirror in the right position.
Over decades lot of solutions to this problem have been developed. What we do is to offset the mirror so that it is simultaneously further out andfurther forward, a simple, very effective but still nice looking solution!
The precision machined extension pieces are nicely integrated into the design of the bike and allow much better visibility to the rear and increased safety for the rider.
- CNC machined high quality aluminium alloy.
- Accurately fitted mirror extension to the front and side.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Supplied in a set of two.
- Suitable for original or aftermarket mirrors.
S1000XR Mirror extension, easy install and improves rear vision greatly.
- The Mirror extensions are well made, and fit is perfect. Now i can see whats behind me -and not just my shoulders:).
Expensive but perfect
- Expensive but perfectly engineered and fits perfectly my F 800 GS / 2017. Being a big guy, it greatly improves my backward vision.
Greatly improves rear view
- This product is designed to see what is behind you with a better angle that gives more information. I highly recommend this product to be used with 41000-012 which is a mirror extension enlargement. If both are used, the rear view and angle is greatly improved. Installation was not hard on a 2016 GS ADV and 2017 GS ADV. While planning your moves and making lane changes, it is a plus to have this piece, however it brings 2 negative points which you have to consider. In case your bike falls, because you have "extended" your mirrors, they hit the ground now and they hit the ground first, so they tend to get loose every time you fall. You need to have some tools to fix it back. Second, at high RPMs (6000 and above) on a GS ADV LC, vibration is so high, there is no way you can see the details of the vehicle behind you, sometimes this is important (if the driver is talking to a mobile phone or not!).
Black Mirror Extender Kit.
- I fitted these mirror extenders to my K13. They greatly improved the effectiveness of the mirrors and set them in the perfect position for me. They are a high quality product but my personal view is that they slightly detract from the bike appearance. I can live with it and they will be staying on
CUT OUT MIRROR VIBRATION
- Bought them because I had been told they remove the little bit of vibration in the mirrors. I don't know the dynamics of how adding these could smooth out the image in the mirror, but they did on my 2011 R1200R. They do improve the view also.