- Replacement of the leaky plastic design that is vulnerable to sabotage (removal of the insert inside the valve cover and of the plug itself) with our new plug for boxers!
- Bolted aluminium insert with an absolutely leak tight and theftproof bolted-on filler plug.
- Plug can only be opened with special key.
- Plug is machined of a single piece of solid aluminium.
- Larger diameter = easier filling, less spillage.
- The whole assembly cannot be ripped out as before, or turn inside the head cover*
- Made in Germany.
* The original insert is only pressed into position (easily removed by hand). In many cases, leaks are caused not by the plug but by the insert. Additionally, the original plastic insert uses a small plastic pin to prevent it from turning, but this fragile solution does not need a lot of force to get damaged, causing the plug and the insert to turn together.
- Well well made, had to crank case cover off wasn't hard. Nice look!
No more leaks anymore!
- Takes around 20 minutes to install,the hardest part is to push the top part in place,after that goes like "oiled"I did not opened it sice install,but will write more feedback after the first use(opening-closing the cap)very satisfied at this point!
Dry Safe Oil Filler Plug review (1 year)
- After installing this item 13 months ago it failed with oil leaking all over the valve cover. Attempted reinstallation failed as well with the plug and locking ring refusing to seat securely in the valve cover oil filler orifice. Replaced OEM part. Not impressed at all with this item although it appears beautifully made.
no leaks but not perfect.
- after installed there is no leak anymore.but it wasn't easy installing it, putting the adapter into place and fitting the small locating pin was not easy, I had to use a plastic hammer to push it into place. then the helper screws together with a screwdriver is not the best way to tighten it up. the small screw in the inside was almost impossible to handle.buy two the opening tool. the one I had was just tight to my keychain and the pin in it just disappeared and I couldn't use it and had to use a screwdriver to open the cap, had to order a new tool from wunderlich. I bought two this time, but now because I used a screwdriver the tool doesn't fit well anymore.I wanted to have a spare cap, only the upper cap, but wunderlich do not sell them separately. what do you do if you loose it?? you have to buy the whole kit again just to have a spare. and again, when installed its a very good solution to this leaking problem.
No more leaks
- No more leaks. Just remember to bring the key with you. Getting my old factory seal out was a bear, but after that it was easy.