Wunderlich's rear protection bars for the R1200 RT - it not only offers great protection for expensive, original RT saddlebags, but also provides a genuine visual highlight. What has long been standard equipment for authority motorcycles is now available for civilian use. Made from rigid, seamless precision tubular steel, Wunderlich engineers have collaborated with partners, Hepco Becker, to develop a crash bar that protects the side panels and bags of the RT against bumps and falls.
At the same time, the bars are so discreet that they impede neither the rider's nor the passengers mobility. The easy operation of the original bag also remains unimpeded. Additional advantage: The bars are a perfect lifting point and can be used to attach further accessories or luggage.
- Protects the saddlebags from front and side impact, also in a tip over
- Fits all model years of the R1200 RT
- Perfect lifting point when placing the bike on the center stand
- Comfortable holding point for the passenger
- Unobtrusive; full range of rider and passenger movement unchanged
- Operation, removal, installation of saddlebags unchanged
- Robust attachment at four points on each side
- Supplemental reinforcement of subframe
- Made of seamless, precision steel tubing
- Ideal for the attachment of additional accessories or luggage
- Complete set of left right bars with instructions and all needed hardware
- Made in Germany
- Available in chrome plated or powder coated versions (silver or black)
Because the saddlebags are the widest point of the bike, wider than the cylinders, damage without these guards is more likely.
Please see the Additional Information link above for supplemental installation instructions. The HD video for this product also has some useful information. Please note that the bike in the video also has our engine protection bars installed.
- Great product, well made, easy to install
Rear Protection Bar
- Well made, but a bear to install. Lotsa plastic to remove before installation. Took me a few hours diddling(tm) to get the install and get back together. Don't drop the screws while doing the work, it's a mutha getting them back in your fingers.
Very strong protection
- These bars were the first thing I added to the bike after purchase. You do not want to drop on the nice painted cases !Installation is a bit tedious and requires removal of all the tupperware, and taking apart the rear rack to mount the bars on each side, but taking time and cross checking your work will result in a very strong setup that gives the civilian RT the same protection the RTP bikes have when combined with the engine protection bars.
Rear protection bars
- Rock solid. Some tweaking involved for lining up anchor points. Install all the bolts loosely first, then tighten. This helps. Great anchor points for straps. Center stand lift is now a breeze.
- As several add ons were being installed at the same time I took off 75% of the tupperware to accomplish everything at one time. The Bars went in fairly easy doing the install by myself. They also make putting the bike up on the center stand much easier.