Recommendation: If you are happy with the height, width and other proportions of the original windshield but are bothered by turbulence, we recommend using this spoiler.
- Multiple adjustments for individual needs: Angle, height and distance to rider.
- Optimum stress relief for helmet and upper body.
- Removes turbulence and disturbing wind jets otherwise present.
- Easy to adjust.
- Dimensions: 23,2 x 8,2 cm (lxh)
- Fast attachment and removal from screen.
- Strong and secure attachment method.
- Lightweight precision CNC-machined adjustment mechanism.
- High quality anodised aluminium alloy.
- Shatter-proof Lexan deflector screen.
- ABE approved for use with all BMWs.
Also suitable for a wide range of models of the following brands: Aprilia, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Piaggio, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha...Please check the notes in the model application list!
Excellent service, excellent product. Very happy with my purchase.
- Glad I bought the deflector, it works!
Very good, no more noise causing constant ringing in the ears
I use the ERGO windscreen on F800R. This was causing a lot of turbulence on my helmet and noise.
With the deflector on top of the windscreen, noise and turbulence is gone
- Swapped the original screen on the F800GS for the Wunderlich touring screen, and the turbulence got elevated "above visor", and adding this spoiler I reach that turbulence when straightening my back like a good pupil. In other words: touring screen + spoiler makes a perfect match for me (178cm) on the F800GS!
I bought this for my 2016 BMW F800GT. This bike does not come with an adjustable windshield (?) so it's next to impossible to make it a "one-size-fits-all". I tired quickly of all the helmet buffeting and the constant barrage of bugs on my face shield! I'm 5'10" so I'm not all that tall. The stock shield is just too low. You really have only two choices: buy a completely new shield ($$$$), or buy this deflector ($) and get adjust ability as well!
This deflector is easy to install, and works great! Some reviewers complained about tightening the set screws for the shield and cracking it, but I had no problem with that. You really don't need to tighten these too much as long as you use the thread lock compound. I just made them hand-snug, and I've had no problems whatsoever.
Go for a ride and take the adjustment tool with you. You can quickly adjust it to do the job for you without much trouble (just be sure to pull over and stop first!).
My only complaint is that the silver finish will reflect bright sunlight into your face and can be a bit distracting at times. Otherwise, the fit and finish are excellent and well made.
Great product! But...
Installed the product on my R1200RT and got almost instant results! Still fumbling a bit with regards to positioning and angle of spoiler/deflector. Some remarks for potential improvements;
1. sometimes the only way to find the right position under given conditions is to make adjustments while in motion. Adjusting or trimming is difficult without stopping/adjusting and get back on. If you do it too much it will cause the screws to loosen. A minor issue but
2. Wing screws and ridges in the metal profile would have made trimming much easier. :)