In order to absorb the forces that the bike would be subjected to in a fall, both protection bar halves are connected to each other in the middle. So that the bars can survive the forces of impact, they are constructed of very strong steel tubing.
- Compact, fully encompassing engine bars that effectively prevent damage.
- Protection of the “tank” covering, handlebar, instruments and header
- Engine cases are kept off the ground between the footpegs and the engine bar and are therefore protected.
- In case of the fall, these protection bars minimize the chances of the bike flipping over.
- Stable connection points and an even transmission of forces. Because of the central connection, the forces are absorbed over all mounting points.
- Attachment to frame and engine supports.
- ll routine maintenance is possible with the bars installed.
- Ground and cornering clearances are in no way compromised.
- Strong lifting point and or point to tie down or move the bike.
- Complexly welded tubing with high quality powder coated finish.
- Supplied with complete fitting kit and easy to follow instructions.
- Easy to install with no permanent modifications needed.
- Compatible with the original BMW skid plate and tubular engine protection bars.
- Black color closely matches other black parts on the bike.
- Micro Flooter auxiliary lights can be attached to the bars.
- Made in Germany
The large radius bends in the contact area transfer the forces to the attachment points and minimize the chances of the tubing bending or folding.
- 2013 G650GS Engine Protection set Review by Tookie