from damages. Considering the meanwhile over 100,000 kilometres of experience with this construction, we can
rightfully claim to carry the probably technically most mature GS engine protection bar series.
Altogether six mounting points absorb all impact forces securely, causing the engine protection bar to only
absorb kinetic energy without damaging other components.
The leverage forces are distributed across all six mounting points in the case of a crash. The central mount
provides uniform distribution and functions as a pivotal point in case of a fall.
The integrated valve cover protection bar is particularly important as it has protected us already for times from
total engine damages.
Off-road capability is increased because now you can safely negotiate deep track grooves or worn-down
curves. The engine protection bars form a homogenous coherent unit together with cylinders and headers.
- Uniform distribution of forces.
- Strong mounting points.
- Additional protection for the valve covers (original protectors can be removed).
- All maintenance work (oil change, valve adjustment etc.) is possible without removing the crash bars.
- Elaborately bent round tubes.
- Does not compromise ground and cornering clearance.
- Plastic-coated steel tubing.
- Detailed and easy to understand instructions.
- Made in Germany.
Does not fit in combination with original BMW cylinder protection from model 2008.
Does not fit in combination with the original BMW tank guard.
- Installed both the engine and tank protection bars on my 2012 R1200 GS Rallye. Heard rumors the color does not match, but it looks great and matches the red frame well. Can't wait to mount some lights to the tank protectors. Like the engine protection layout as unless there is a rok in just the wrong place, the bar protects the valve cover.