To celebrate our company’s 35th anniversary, here at Wunderlich we’ve presented a wide range of campaigns and components in 2020. Without a doubt, this includes the two sensation-inducing interpretations R 1250 GS EDITION 35 #1 and EDITION 35 #2, which are both based on the current BMW R 1250 GS. We’ve designed both machines in our exclusive EDITION 35 colour scheme. Both concept bikes are equipped with the EDITION 35 »EXTREME« valve cover & cylinder protectors. They are characterised by the exclusive design of the stainless steel inlya in EDITION 35 blue.
The cylinders on a Boxer BMW are exposed. Stone strikes, falls on terrain or when scraping a plastered wall as you manoeuvre in tight spaces make it easy to scratch the valve cover. On the 1250s ShiftCam engines there's also the issue that the construction of the ShiftCam mechanism is extremely elaborate. Since the valve covers are mounted solely using force locking, there is a risk that the valve cover can be displaced relative to the cylinder head after any violent impact and the elaborate valve drive can be pulled along with it in certain instances. This is why the additional protection of the valve cover is of particular importance. We have developed a set of well-designed protectors for this. These are characterised by the fact that they sit on the valve cover with narrow gap dimensions and accurately fit the contour. This requires precision manufacturing.
The protector consists of impact-resistant, durable plastic. On the inside which faces the valve cover, we have constructively integrated segments with an elastic material that is resistant to high temperatures. These segments are dimensioned to be impact-absorbing in terms of Shore hardness*). When impacted by exterior forces, their equally supportive and protective effect ensures that these are absorbed and distributed equally across the segments and force spikes are thus avoided. The high-quality design and the function of the protectors is rounded off by an inset stainless steel insert. This is designed in blue for the exclusive EDITION 35. In the worst case scenario, it protects against grinding of the valve cover and thus avoids the inevitably associated loss of oil. The protectors thus contribute to avoiding secondary damage. In many instances, they let you carry on riding after the mishap. The assembly kit provided makes assembly easy. Our valve protectors are Made in Europe. That's why we're happy to provide a 5-year warranty.
Our valve cover & cylinder protectors only fit the BMW standard valve covers.
- Exclusive EDITION 35 design
- Reliable protection of the valve cover against the consequences of stone strikes, against damage from a fall or when manoeuvring
- Precision manufactured, contour fit with small gap dimensions
- Made of durable, impact-resistant special plastic
- Constructively integrated impact-absorbent segments
- Avoidance of force spikes through equal distribution of effective forces over multiple segments
- Stainless steel insert, painted in EDITION 35 blue for protection against grinding of the valve cover in the event of a crash
- Avoid secondary damage
- Integrated design that incorporates into the layout of the motorcycle
- Complete with assembly kit
- Material: High-quality, impact-resistant, glass fibre reinforced plastic, precision manufactured with integrated impact-absorbent segments, stainless steel insert as anti-wear protection
- EDITION 35
- Wunderlich premium product. Small series. Hand crafted.
- Wunderlich design. Integrated and functional.
- 60 days right to return
- Made in Europe
- 5-year warranty
Wunderlich product category