Wunderlich's rear protection bars for the R1200/1250 RT LC - it not only offers great protection for expensive, original RT LC saddlebags, but also provides a genuine visual highlight. What has long been standard equipment for authority motorcycles is now available for civilian use. Made from rigid, seamless precision tubular steel, Wunderlich engineers have collaborated with partners, Hepco Becker, to develop a crash bar that protects the side panels and bags of the RT against bumps and falls.
At the same time, the bars are so discreet that they impede neither the rider's nor the passengers mobility. The easy operation of the original bag also remains unimpeded. Additional advantage: The bars are a perfect lifting point and can be used to attach further accessories or luggage.
- Protects the saddlebags from front and side impact, also in a tip over
- Fits all model years of the R1200/1250 RT LC
- Perfect lifting point when placing the bike on the center stand
- Comfortable holding point for the passenger
- Unobtrusive; full range of rider and passenger movement unchanged
- Operation, removal, installation of saddlebags unchanged
- Robust attachment at four points on each side
- Supplemental reinforcement of subframe
- Made of seamless, precision steel tubing
- Ideal for the attachment of additional accessories or luggage
- Complete set of left right bars with instructions and all needed hardware
- Made in Germany
- Available in chrome plated or powder coated versions (silver or black)
Because the saddlebags are the widest point of the bike, wider than the cylinders, damage without these guards is more likely.
Please see the Additional Information link above for supplemental installation instructions. The HD video for this product also has some useful information. Please note that the bike in the video also has our engine protection bars installed.
- have not fitted them yet.but there top quality and chrome is a lovely finish.
Crash bars for the 2014 BMW R1200RT-LC
- In thinking how these bars will be used, I chose to get the silver painted bars because when you come down and scratch them, a simple paint touch up is all you'll need. But with the stainless steel bars, when you scratch then they stay scratched. I had the occasion to do a low side, and the bar held up, and didn't get bent.