We were tired of the constant and not exactly cheap battery changes. That's why years ago we started kitting out our BMWs with what back then were sinfully expensive pure lead batteries.
The facts about the Odyssey pure lead battery:
- More than double the start capacity of a conventional battery
- Battery suitable for all BMW Airhead-Boxers
- Exceptionally durable
- Low self discharge so no maintenance required
- Damage from deep discharge impossible
- No maintenance
- Leak-proof and gas-tight
- Electrolyte is firmly bound up in fleece
- Acid level no longer needs checking
- Unlike conventional batteries, no water formation during charging
- Robust ABS housing
- Extremely stable (vibrations, temperatures, etc.)
- Inexpensive as the high lifespan and reliability quickly pay off
- Readily filled unit
Information for the PC680: Capacity 16 Ah, starting current: 280 amps (conventional 20 Ah battery only has 120 A) weight: 6.2 kg W/D/H: 185 mm/ 79 mm/ 169 mm
*battery same dimensions as original (19-20 Ah), with the series standard 25 Ah battery, the resulting gap has to be filled with some styrofoam.
Battery Deposit Act: Retail distributors are legally obligated to collect a battery deposit of € 7.50. A refund of this deposit will be made after our office has received a used starter battery. The old battery can unfortunately not be sent for purchases by mail (mail security regulations); if we receive a deposit fee from a recognised return site, we will naturally refund the deposit.