This year, as part of our EDITION 35 activities, we presented our two sensation-inducing Wunderlich R 1250 GS EDITION 35 #1 and #2. We designed #2 to be extremely sporty and among other things, created a passenger seat that was intended to clearly meet the high sporting demands of the GS. Since we introduced them, we’ve received a whole lot of queries asking whether we would be offering this sleek and puristic passenger seat.
Here it is!
The EDITION 35 »AKTIVKOMFORT« passenger seat naturally incorporates the spectacular colour scheme for the #2. The flanks partially contrasted in white and blue emphasise the sporty character that was clearly at the forefront of this passenger seat, as does the 40 mm lower seat height.
Owing to the 40 mm lower height, we manufacture our EDITION 35- »AKTIVKOMFORT« passenger seat with our specifically tailored 3D contour. The shape and angle of the carefully crafted, progressively structured, dual-layer seat core support the ergonomically beneficial, natural posture of the back. The integrated support contour on the front of the seat that provides an additional secure hold while braking, is flatter and less pronounced than with the standard passenger seats – this is down to the seat’s sporty character, which was clearly at the forefront on this project.
Integrated, riding is a sporty and relaxing affair, and thus also active. And there's no doubt that relaxed sitting adds a serious plus to passive safety. With the ThermoPro coating, the temperature of this seat in direct sun at the peak of summer is up to 25°C lower compared to standard, untreated cover materials.
Our recommendation: We recommend pairing our Edition 35 »AKTIVKOMFORT« passenger seat with our »AKTIVKOMFORT« rider seat in the HP design, which we offer in the standard height 42720-800 and as a lower version 42720-820.
The same applies to all »AKTIVKOMFORT« seats:
The „buckling“ of the cushioning is reliably prevented via the sophisticated construction and the sitting pressure is equally distributed over a large area, resulting in noticeably lower specific pressure load to your behind. Comfy! Also typically Wunderlich: The incorporated concave profile for relieving the pressure-sensitive coccyx is another outstanding trademark!
They offer the perfect hold and active, safe control when riding at speed, even when braking: Who doesn't know that feeling, when you the passenger have to suddenly brace immediately while braking? With Wunderlich's very own support contour, these scary moments while braking are now a thing of the past.
- EDITION 35
- A sporty, relaxed and active riding experience adds a definite plus to passive safety
- Adapted ergonomic 3D contour to support the natural posture of the back and comfortable leg position while riding
- Progressive two-layer construction with soft top layer and rigid core guarantees comfort because the seat doesn't buckle
- The sitting pressure is equally distributed over a larger area, resulting in noticeably optimised weight distribution and lower specific pressure load
- Distinct concave profile to relax the coccyx
- Flatter support contour tailored to the sporty character of the seat
- Greater comfort with ThermoPro: With the ThermoPro coating, the temperature of this seat in direct sun at the peak of summer is up to 25°C lower compared to standard, untreated cover materials
- EDITION 35 colour scheme – flanks in white and blue
- Refined, dropped „Cut“ seams
- Made in Germany.
- 40 mm lower than the original passenger seat
- Cover material with