Stone strikes, branches, sharp stones, a fall over terrain or - far worse - a crash, and all too fast the valve covers on the ShiftCam Boxer are impacted, even if the original engine protection bar is mounted. Scratches are the least of your problems here. With the 1250s ShiftCam engines, you have to remember that the structure of the ShiftCam valve drive is quite elaborate, so it makes sense to equip the cylinder head with preventative protection. Since the exposed valve covers are mounted solely using force locking, there is a risk that they can be displaced relative to the cylinder head after any violent impact and the elaborate valve drive can be pulled along with it in certain instances. This is why the additional protection of the cylinder head is of particular importance.
Particularly with heavy use.
That’s why our engineers’ to-do list included making sure that the cylinder head protection doesn’t just protect the cylinder head and valve cover, but also protects the original engine protection bar and gives it added structural stability.
The uncomplicated assembly of the protection system made from high-quality aluminium is therefore done right on the easily accessible engine protection bar. A component thickness of four millimetres, the form-fitted, unshakeable attachment, which screws on with two double-screwed clamps. These are convincing features for a robust and durable construction that’s like a protective shield. The three striking cut-outs provide ventilation, their characteristic dynamic form which flattens out towards the back integrates seamlessly into the design. All of this taken together forms a sophisticated - and in the truest sense of the word - comprehensive protection concept for the vulnerable cylinder heads. We manufacture the cylinder head protection in a choice of silver or black anodised.
The cylinder head protection combines uncompromising functionality with integrated design in the usual way.
- Comprehensive protection for the cylinder heads, valve covers and the original engine protection bar
- Solidly constructed, robust and durable design
- Generously dimensioned with 4 mm component thickness
- Form-fitting assembly for greater security and structural stability
- Two double-screwed clamps, sunken hexalobular screws
- Dynamically shaped cut-outs for ventilation
- Easy assembly
- Complete with attachment material
- Material: Aluminium, precision crafted, among other things recognisable by the sharp edges of the component and the cut-outs, black anodised
- Screw connection: high-quality with hexalobular screws
- Dimensions: Width: 309 mm, height: 264 mm, component thickness: 4 mm
- Wunderlich premium product.
- Small series. Hand crafted.
- Wunderlich design. Functional and integrated.
- 60 days right to return
- 5 year warranty
- Made in Germany