A particularly well designed engine protection bar reliably protecting the cylinders and the entire machine
from damages. Considering the meanwhile over 100,000 kilometres of experience with this construction, we can
rightfully claim to carry the probably technically most mature GS engine protection bar series.
Altogether six mounting points absorb all impact forces securely, causing the engine protection bar to only
absorb kinetic energy without damaging other components.
The leverage forces are distributed across all six mounting points in the case of a crash. The central mount
provides uniform distribution and functions as a pivotal point in case of a fall.
The integrated valve cover protection bar is particularly important as it has protected us already for times from
total engine damages.
Off-road capability is increased because now you can safely negotiate deep track grooves or worn-down
curves. The engine protection bars form a homogenous coherent unit together with cylinders and headers.
- Uniform distribution of forces.
- Strong mounting points.
- Additional protection for the valve covers (original protectors can be removed).
- All maintenance work (oil change, valve adjustment etc.) is possible without removing the crash bars.
- Elaborately bent round tubes.
- Does not compromise ground and cornering clearance.
- Plastic-coated steel tubing.
- Detailed and easy to understand instructions.
- Made in Germany.
Does not fit in combination with Original BMW cylinder guard, version from 2008.
Does not fit in combination with Original BMW tank guard.
- Fast delivery, good quality.
Good quality. Looks great on the bike
- Easy to fit, top quality and looks good on the bike. Fast chipment and safe packing from Wunderlich. Top score from me.
- Engine protection bars fit perfect. Bought the oxygen sensor guards at the same time since they use the same mounting. Easy install and look great.
Works and Looks Great
- Bought this product to install on my new R 1200 GS 2012 model. It looks great, it was installed by the dealer with the compatible tank guard. The set looks like original of the GSA, compared side to side barely noticed a difference. Others who saw it loved it. I recommend it highly.
- Very happy with the quality of the bars and also with the service.Highly recommend Wunderlich for you Beemer's accessories needs!A+MarceloBMW GS 1200 2011IL