We have opted for a new approach with the R 1200 GS, here‘s how it works: the protector brackets bolt onto the lower fork bridge pinch bolts, the top bumpers contact the Telelever just before the original steering stop would make contact.
This softens the blow, and, as the rubber bumper compresses, it progressively becomes a solid stop for the forks. Turning the handlebar fully is significantly more pleasant as the hard original restriction is no longer present.
Sold as a complete set of left and right hand side complete with all flttings.
- The original limits are insufficiently dimensioned
- Even in the event of a harmless tip up, the original can be damaged
- The top yoke, sliders, steering damper and Telelever are vulnerable as well
- Two extremely stable and very light brackets with robust rubber stopper are quickly mounted to the lower yoke
- Effective construction: The steering angle is softly limited in the first millimetres, and with increasing hardness as compression increases
- No Expensive repair
- Made in Germany
- 5-year warranty