Sophisticated touring comfort for long, unencumbered tours. Wind protection and comfort are "state of the art" here. A screen that offers maximum wind protection and integrates perfectly into the overall vehicle layout in visual terms.
For models with a standard windshield (long holder from factory).
- Maximum protection for head, upper body and arms.
- Significantly higher and considerably widened over the whole area.
- The vehicle design is consistently accommodated in every line and the screen thus integrates perfectly into the overall appearance.
- Very robust, optically pure and petrol-resistant PMMA acrylic plastic.
- Width: 350 mm
- Height: 460 mm
- 5 year warranty
- 60 days right to return
- With ABE
Note: This windscreen is only suitable for models with the long windscreen mount. The long windscreen mount is the standard windscreen mount for the F 850 GS with 160 mm spacing to the screw holes. If your F has a short windscreen mount with 115 mm screw spacing (can be ordered when purchasing the F 850 GS), please order windscreen 20230-204.
Good for highway
- My Bike's a F750GS with the optional F850GS windscreen (long mount). I'm 1,80m, my seat is the original standard height and I'm using a Shoei GT AIR helmet. Installation is very easy. I used the BMW original bolts and rubbers. Just unscrew, place the pieces in the same way as the original and screw it back in. The holes seem a little wide to me but I guess it's to allow some flexibility for fitting. The Marathon fits nicely and stays stable at high speeds (above 120 km/h...) There is some buffeting at eye level from speeds as low as 50 km/h and I feel the need lower the visor reaching 70 km/h and on. At 120 km/h with the visor down, buffeting is low and acceptable, much better than the original 850 screen providing a more comfortable ride. I always ride solo so I don't know how it works for the passenger. A higher screen would provide better protection but also compromise road visibility. For slow speed I prefer the original but you can't have it all, can you? As it is so easy to install/uninstall and it comes with all the bolts and rings you need, there is always the option of setting up the Bike to the kind of ride you want in a very short time. Bottom line: good for the highway.
- Very good product. It took 1 month to arrive. It was well packed. The explanation how to install is poor, there is a need to provide more details. The service team is professional.