Portapacchi concepito esclusivamente per il grande Topcase della BMW R 1200/1250 RT e della BMW K 1200 GT a partire dall’anno di costruzione´06 | BMW K 1300 GT.
Un raffinato tocco finale di eleganza e praticita’ per il Topcase originale. Permette di caricare un bagaglio in piu’ e tutto cio’ che deve essere a portata di mano o che non trova posto nel Topcase (tuta da pioggia bagnata, guanti ecc.).
- Fissaggio discreto e robusto in quattro punti (boccole filettate e saldate nel tubo in acciaio)
- Tubo in acciaio di precisione senza saldature
- Finiture eccellenti Made in Germany
- Attacchi a vite impermeabili
- Set di montaggio e istruzioni inclusi
- Montaggio semplice
Installation could be made easier
- I liked the look and quality of the rack for my R1200RT but the installation could be made easier. The drilling of the two front holes at the required angle is somewhat difficult and if not done properly, makes installing the screw close to impossible. An easy fix would be to redesign the front of the rack where these screws attach similar to the design of the rear screws- flat to the trunk rather than the angled approach. Though a nice design, I think a little function over form is in order.
Top Case Luggage Rack Install
- I enjoyed the benefit of having a good buddy who recently installed this rack. He came over had a couple pieces of advice, throw away the template and install the angled (front) legs first. He had followed the factory instructions for his installation and from that experience arrived at the conclusion that I should not. We carefully measured and triangulated until placing the rack in the right spot, drew pencil around the front, spring loaded center punch to mark for the drill, finished by drilling with angle to the rear. Loosely installed purchased 6x20mm bolts, lower and marked the rear, punched and drilled. Installed bolts in the rear and tightened it all up. Under 40 minutes invested including opening the box. I do recommend getting the longer 6mm x 20 mm bolts for the front and using the longer ones in the kit for the rear. I got the black powder coat, the finish is great and the rack looks great on the machine. I recommend this product.