Excellent air pump but...
- Purchased for my K1600GTL. Plugged into a power outlet it immediately tripped the circuit breaker. I solved the problem by connecting one of the power outlets directly to the battery with a 15 amp fuse.
A must have
- Plenty of pressure to harden em up. A handy thing for offroading/slabbing on the same ride...
Bought two of the airman air pumps, one for my motorcycle and one for my car!
- While I fortunately have not needed to use my new air pumps in an emergency situation, I did try one out and it worked as described. I did have to send one back as a plastic tab, which is designed to hold the hose in place, broke off, but it was replaced with no problems.
- When I first got it, I tried it out on my BMW R1150R, my vespa, and my Land Rover. I even pumped up my neighbors wheelchair. It takes a few minutes to pump up the Land Rover tires but it works. I got it primarily for the BMW r1150r - very handy to have around and it's compact adn light enough to easily bring on a long tour. It's also much quieter than other portable pumps I've had.
- This was one of the better investments for my travel. This pump works very well, however, if your bike uses a CanBus system (BMW R1200R), you need a DC plug to make this work properly, as it draws WAY TOO MUCH power thereby shutting down the system. Believe it draws somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10W (CanBus can handle I believe 5W or so before it shuts itself down).