The oxygen sensors, which supply important parameters for controlling the engine, cannot be repaired in the event of damage or destruction, only replaced. That’s why it is recommended that the sensors and their function be effectively protected.
The oxygen sensors relay important parameters from the exhaust system and the engine control unit. The engine control unit on the other hand in turn uses this information and additional parameters (e.g. load status, throttle grip placement, camshaft phasing) to control the fuel inject (mix composition) and ignition time. Damage to the oxygen sensors or their signal cables can lead to faulty parameters. Faulty parameters in turn lead to faulty engine control signals, which can negatively impact the performance and efficiency or function of the engine. The consequences of ineffective fuel combustion include performance issues, engine problems, higher fuel consumption and increased pollutant emissions due to the less than optimum combustion. All issues that should be avoided.
Our robust, effect oxygen sensor guard covers each of the vulnerable oxygen sensors screwed into the two exhaust manifolds as well as the attached cables, and provides optimum mechanical protection for both sensors. It consists of anodised aluminium with a sheet thickness of 1.5 mm. The precise edging, which also increases the component rigidity, provides effective protection when used with the multi-point attachment. The oxygen sensor guard comes with openings that prevent heat build-up. Form and function integrate brilliantly into the engine layout.
- Effective protection of the oxygen sensors from branches, stones and other foreign bodies
- Reduces soiling of the sensitive sensors
- Durable, stiff component geometry for robust protection
- Openings to counter heat build-up
- Multi-point attachment
- Easy assembly, can be assembled either with our Wunderlich engine protection bar or without one
- Set consisting of an oxygen sensor guard for right and left
- Material: Aluminium, high-quality and precision crafted, black anodised
- Wunderlich design. Functional and integrated.
- Small series. Handcrafted.
- 60 days right to return
- 5 year warranty
- Made in Germany