To ensure an oil cooler can deliver optimal cooling, it needs optimal air flowing through from the air flow as you ride. This is why it’s located on the bottom end of the fairing, beneath the radiator.
This has a serious disadvantage though: the oil cooler sits directly behind the front wheel and therefore right in the path of whirled up dirt, stones and foreign bodies that hit the delicate fins of the oil cooler. Dirt and insects clog up the cooler and reduce the cooling capacity, such as fins bent by „stone impacts“. In the worse case, foreign bodies with sharp edges can cause damage that lead to leaks. With a damaged cooler, it is no longer possible to continue driving and dirt reduces the cooling capacity.
This is why we recommend our oil protection grille, which consists of a fine meshed, tough and resistant stainless steel grille, to avoid damage and capture heavy dirt before it affects the oil cooler. It reliably protects the oil cooler without impacting the air flow.
- Refined, reliable protection of the vulnerable radiator network for the oil cooler
- Prevents damage and heavy dirt from foreign bodies thrown up by the front wheel
- Prevents the loss of cooling in the oil cooler without reducing the air flow
- Highly solid, resistant welded stainless steel grille with sturdy aluminium frame bonding
- Robust connection technology between grille and frame
- With mounting kit
- Grille material: Stainless steel grille, carefully welded and crafted to be highly mechanically resistant
- Frame material: Aluminium, high-quality, 2 mm profile thickness, black anodised
- Component dimensions
- Width 245 mm
- Height 120 mm
- Wunderlich premium product.
- Small series. Hand crafted.
- Wunderlich design. Integrated and functional.
- Made in Europe
- 60 days right to return
- 5 year warranty
Wunderlich product category
If you want to carefully clean the cooler by hand, this must be done with extreme care to ensure that the radiator network doesn't get damaged. Insects and other grime which has accumulated can be easily removed with a damp cloth. Place the damp cloth on the grille until the dirt is loosened by the moisture and can be easily wiped away with no residue.